Regretfully Indifferent

Fight the Power. Stay Informed.

Thursday, March 06, 2003

 
Today I was sitting at the park, when I saw the coolest thing ever. Two old ladies about 60 or 70 were taking their afternoon brisk walk around the park. I could tell that there was something different about them, because one of the ladies had white hair with *black* streaks in it. "Very hardcore for an old lady" I thought to myself. As they neared my van I could see that one of them was wearing a black T-Shirt with the words, "Don't Get Mad. GET NAKED!" on the front. Dang that was funny. The other one's shirt simply said, "Emo is Awesome". I was floored. These ladies were emo-kids! I imagined them discussing At The Drive-In or Conor Oberst's shaky vocals. I decided to test my theory. I threw in my new FSF CD and turned it way up. As they passed my van one of the ladies looked at me. I just smiled and she winked. I couldn't help but think, "If only I had met her 50 years sooner." So I decided to make a list, because life is made entirely of lists. So here you go:

TOP 10 REASONS IT WOULD RULE TO MARRY AN OLD LADY


TEN: She's full of funny stories and anecdotes from the Great Depression.

NINE: You'll NEVER again forget to wear clean underwear just incase you're in an accident.

EIGHT: No more bad hair days. She standing ready with a comb and a wad of spit as soon as you wake up.

SEVEN: She most probably can't get pregnant, so ixnay on the ondomcays.

SIX: It's the only real way to get logical advise from a spouse.

FIVE: Sometimes they are actually still hot. Ann-Margret anyone? Merideth Vierra will still be hot when she's 110.

FOUR: She won't remember your anniversary either.

THREE: You can do anything you want at night. She'll be out like a light right around 9:30.

TWO: 3 meals a day. 7 days a week. And if you're a good boy, maybe a light snack inbetween.

ONE: 401K... Social Security... Medicaid... All-You-Can-Eat discounts... Handicapped Parking...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

February 2003   March 2003   April 2003   May 2003   June 2003   July 2003   August 2003   September 2003   October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?