Regretfully Indifferent

Fight the Power. Stay Informed.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

 
I ran across this random site today while I was looking for quotes from the many incarnations of The Transformers (don't ask) and I found a bunch of quotes from the band They Might be Giants. I must say, they might be pretty funny (RaPUNzel strikes again).

They Might Be Giants Quotes



Noah Adams: "Well, some of them are really quite understandable. 'Montana is a leg.' is..."
John Linnell: "...it's grammatical. It's not true, and it doesn't strictly make sense, and..."

"We've got some new songs here that are not even on the MP3 thing. They're not available in any format, except of course the bootlegs that seem to proliferate all through our audience, as we watch people lip-synch along to songs that HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED! DAMN YOU!" - John Linnell

"I can't remember stuff." - John Linnell

John Linnell: "This song is called...it's called..."
Audience: "Louisiana! Montana!"
John Linnell: Don't tell me what it's called..."

"We're going to take a five minute break...we'll be back in twenty minutes." - John Linnell

"This song is dedicated to everyone in the audience tonight...WITH ONE EYE!" - John Linnell

"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

"This is a brand new song...we haven't recorded it yet, but we're going to now." - John Flansburgh

"This spontaneous stuff takes a little bit of planning." - John Flansburgh
"I was walking out of a movie, and some people recognized me from They Might Be Giants. They said 'Are you John?' and I said '...Yeah.' and then they said 'We're glad to see you getting out.'" - John Linnell

John Linnell: "You know, we actually know the next song we're going to play. We're talking about some personal stuff that concerns just me and John. I realize that this probably isn't the time or the place."
John Flansburgh: "We can finish this conversation in the car."

John Flansburgh: "This song is so old that it's actually featured on our brand new record."
John Linnell: "It's one of those year 2000 problems."

"We can't really say we feel comfortable in Los Angeles, because we don't." - John Flansburgh

John Linnell: "This next song is from our album 'The Spaghetti Incident.' And...it's actually a new song."
*several seconds pass*
Audience Member: "Oh, I get it..."

"Have you heard Alanis Morisette trying to play the harmonica? She doesn't know how to play the harmonica. Well guess what, Alanis, I INVENTED the 'don't-know-how-to-play-harmonica-harmonica-solo.'" - John Flansburgh

"Ladies and gentleman...the only band that refuses to be a force to be reckoned with....They Might Be Giants!" - Mario

Audience: *applauds*
John Linnell: "Thank you...you're much too kind. And we're going to prove it to you right now."

"That's what I call 'Guiliani Time', my friends. 'We've got a problem. Let's kill it.'" - John Flansburgh

"Look, up in the sky! It's the sky!" - John Flansburgh

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

February 2003   March 2003   April 2003   May 2003   June 2003   July 2003   August 2003   September 2003   October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?